Support Food History Education With Membership
If you love food history as much as I do, but are frustrated by the lack of resources online and in print, then you're in luck! By becoming a member of The Food Historian, you'll not only be supporting the work I do to educate the general public about food history through media interviews, blog posts, podcasts, and other media, you'll also gain instant access to special members-only sections of the website, including:
- select chapters from the manuscript of my book, "Preserve or Perish: Food Conservation Efforts in New York State, 1916-1919," which you can give feedback on
- access to my Master's thesis (so you don't have to order it!) and other publications
- a comprehensive food history bibliography, with links to book reviews
- special members-only blog posts
- vintage recipes (coming soon!)
- historical photo collections (coming soon!)
- scanned vintage cookbooklets from my personal collection (coming soon!)
- and more!
Other perks include:
- a personalized thank you postcard - yes a real one, sent via postal mail
- food history news roundup sent to your inbox
- discounts on online food history classes (coming soon!)
Want a perk you don't see here? Just let me know!
You can join on this website by using the link below, or you can pay month-to-month on Patreon! All supporters at the $5/month level and above will receive website membership access and all of the perks seen here.
Thank you for supporting The Food Historian! Basic membership entitles you to members-only sections of the website as well as discounts off of classes and events. Much of the work I do is unpaid, but I love sharing food history with the world, so thank you for supporting this site!