We also made a (red) wine spritzer (I thought it was a bottle of white wine, it wasn't) and the history of wine spritzers.
Wine Spritzer (19th century)
Take your favorite wine - red or white - chilled, and cold club soda or seltzer or sparkling mineral water, also chilled. You can combine them in any ratio, but I think half and half is probably best.
- The Origin of the Wine Spritzer
- Modern Food, Moral Food by Helen Zoe Veit
- A Brief and Bizarre History of Artificial Sweeteners
- The Untold Truth of Weight Watchers
- The Alkaline Diet: Past to Present
Obviously, I had a blast doing this episode and I think I need to now do some biography blog posts about fad diets and nutritionism and their proponents. Did you know Gaylord Hauser had a TV show? You can alsowatch an interview with Adelle Davis!